The protection of children is still a KEY priority and RESPONSIBILITY of everyone through the changing landscape of services necessary to address the COVID-19 spread.
As always, if you are concerned about a child or young person it is important to speak to a professional as soon as possible using the following:
- If you are worried that a child is at immediate risk of harm, phone the Police on 999 without delay
- If you are worried that a child may be at risk of harm, please visit http://hcpc.scot/professionals for a local contact number
- If you are worried that a child may be at risk of harm and it is out with office hours, phone 08457 697284
Where can I get further information on keeping children safe?
- Care and Learning Alliance website – Child Protection – useful information tab and websites and video tab – quick and easy access to information, guidance and tools.
- Highland Child Protection Committee – help and advice, resources and training.
- calaelearning.co.uk – access to FREE short format certificated e-learning modules in partnership with the Highland Child Protection Committee to keep children safe
- Introduction to Child Protection
- Children Affected by Parental Substance Misuse
- An Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Understanding the Child’s Plan
- What Makes a Good Chronology?