What we do
Wild Willows is a predominantly outdoor ELC setting for children age 3-5. We make the most of the local surrounding areas to support the children’s play and learning experiences. We have access to the nearby woods which the children call Willow woods. We also explore the local woodland and walks nearby.
When indoors we have a nice cosy environment, a smaller hall for playing in and a big hall for active play on our bikes and climbing frame.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
- Work towards a provision following the principles of Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) which encourages every child to be Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible and Involved (SHANARRI).
- Provide a broad range of appropriate early learning experiences in line with the 3-18 Curriculum Framework and the Curriculum for Excellence. Supporting children to become Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors
- Provide a high level of childcare using the Health and Social Care Standards, Pre Birth to Three, Building the Ambition and the How Good is our Early Learning and Childcare as guidelines for implementing new procedures, policies and to further improve the standard of care provided via monitoring and self-evaluation
- Identify and provide continuous professional development for Early Years Practitioners, including that required to meet the SSSC registration requirements
- Involve parents/carers and families in the development of the centre and to forge close home learning links.
- Engage and work in partnership with the local community and outside agencies