Well it has been a different but very busy week for us here at CALA as like everybody we have adjusted to the ‘new norm’ for the moment. We are linking closely with colleagues locally and nationally and keeping a focus on our vision and values for: positive childhoods, empowered parents and dynamic communities at the heart of all that we do.
We are working hard to try to meet needs as best we can. Through consultation with our members, staff and parents attending our ELC groups you have told us that you feel a ‘one-stop’ shop to go to that collates lots of the vital information and useful ideas for families would be beneficial so we have added a new dedicated section to our website. This is work in progress, so we’ll continue to develop it over the coming weeks.
Our new dedicated Family Information and Support pages will provide you with:
- Quick and easy access to national and local area support to services that may help you
- Play and learning ideas you can dip in and out of for your children covering ages 0-12.
- If your child attends a CALA Childcare setting there is a section here that you can access the specific information for your child’s setting. (This will be populated over the next week)
- Easy access to our e-learning module https://calaelearning.co.uk/our-courses ‘Supporting Young Children’s Behaviour – for Parents” which we’re offering you FREE for the duration of COVID-19
- Child Protection information
Over the coming weeks some of the things we will be adding will be:
- Short video clips from our practitioners reading stories and sharing practical play ideas, good news items and health and wellbeing information for you and your children.
Check out the new Family Information and Support page at https://www.careandlearningalliance.co.uk/family-information-support/
We hope you will find this useful, meanwhile be kind to yourselves and remember your children are learning all of the time and despite these challenging times, there are lots of examples of people talking to each other more, listening more, being more thoughtful and kind – all good role modelling and experiences which support our children’s all-round development.