There are still places available for our upcoming free training in Fort William: Play and Learning into Practice (PLiP).
Fort William; Moorings Hotel – 26th April & 3rd May.
9.45 a.m – 4 p.m each day. Lunch will be provided.
This is a FREE introductory two-day course for both new and inexperienced practitioners and experienced practitioners looking to refresh their skills and knowledge in the value of play and learning. Book your place by pressing the button below:
This training is free to ELC practitioners working in Highland as part of Highland Councils CPD staff development programme
The course provides a unique opportunity to access a brand new condensed version of our 6-day course and provides a wide range of practical learning experiences, knowledge on child development and an understanding of how to provide an effective early learning and childcare environment.
- Introduction to child development and health and defining and meeting children’s changing needs. Gain an insight to the key areas of the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Explore the value of active learning, developmental milestones, and related current national guidance.
- Consider principal factors affecting children’s development and how these may have a positive or negative impact
- Gain understanding of the value of play, and types and stages of play development. Explore adult interaction which supports high-quality play and learning.
- Consider environments and experiences in ELC including indoor and outdoor learning environment, layout, resources and the benefits of facilitating reasonable risk in play.
- Our practical workshops provide fun play and learning and will help to inspire you and put theory into practice! These include: Paint; Dough and Clay; Music and Movement; Physical and Energetic Play; Drama, Puppets and Role Play.
What past students have said about PLiP
“Amazing, lots of active learning. I enjoyed and learned a lot and took things back to work.”
“It has made me a more confident key worker. I feel I know what I am talking about with child’s development.”
To book your place at this training, please fill out our online booking form by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can book by telephoning our Inverness office on 01463 222569.