What we do
We work hard to facilitate and support children’s holistic development through play, natural curiosity and challenge both indoors and out. We feel strongly that children need to experience and direct their own play and learning and we use a blend of child-led and adult-led learning.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
- Ensure every child is encouraged to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included and has an awareness of their rights.
- Provide a broad range of appropriate Early Learning and Childcare experiences through play in line with the Curriculum for Excellence, Pre-Birth to Three and Realising the Ambition outcomes.
- Provide a high level of childcare using the new Health and Social Care Standards and the HGIOELC guidelines for implementing new procedures, policies and to further improve the standard of care provided via monitoring and self-evaluation.
- Ensure that staff access relevant training in line with SSSC requirements and keep the practice up to date with current legislation and national priorities.
- Value and respect parents as their child’s first educator and involve them in the care and education of their child by providing regular opportunities to get to know the centre, staff and contribute to children’s learning.
- Provide a safe nurturing outdoor area for adventurous play where children can explore learning in a natural environment and become more resilient.
- During 2020/21 keep parents up to date about the transition to 1140 hours and the delays due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- Liaise closely with parents regarding the changes to the settings practice to support their needs whilst meeting guidance in light of COVID19 Pandemic.