What we do
We offer a safe, stimulating and relaxed environment where each child has the opportunity to develop and establish skills for lifelong learning through the meaningful play. In our garden full of natural resources, we promote curiosity, exploratory and fun. We respect the knowledge and skills of each child and we celebrate every development and progression. Our nursery is managed by CALA and employs experienced and qualified Early Years Practitioners.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
- To work towards a provision which encourages every child to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included (SHANARRI).
- To provide a broad range of appropriate pre-school experiences and ensure practice will promote the values, purposes and principles of A Curriculum for Excellence (3-18 years), providing opportunities for all children to develop as Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Responsible Citizens and Effective contributors.
- To place meeting the learning and development needs of each child at the centre of our work.
- To actively work together with our families, staff and children to evaluate our practice using Aifl and self-evaluation guidance from Education Scotland with a commitment to continuous improvement to our service providing a high level of childcare using National Care Standards, Building the Ambition and How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare.
- To respect and involve parents in the care and education of their child.
- Identify and provide relevant training for staff as part of an ethos of continuous improvement in which staff at all levels share the responsibility to ensure the successes and achievements for children including meeting the registration requirements of the SSSC
- To provide outdoor sessions daily promoting cross-curricular learning and linking with agencies and parents.