What we do
At Rothiemay playgroup we strive to offer a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
Both outdoor and indoor play area where children reach their potential through open-ended child-led play experiences. The children are encouraged to be independent and to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves, others and the environment.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
To provide high-quality early learning and childcare through meaningful play experiences to promote the learning and development of the children in our care
Play- the right of every child
Respect and Integrity- in all that we do
Inter-Professional Practice- effective partnerships
Individual Accomplishment- supporting all stakeholders to realise their full potential
Accessible and Responsive- service for all
Commitment – to quality
- Work towards a provision which encourages every child to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included (SHANARRI)
- Provide a broad range of appropriate ELCC experiences through play in line with Curriculum for Excellence and Building the Ambition outcomes
- To place the learning and development needs of each child at the centre of our work
- To actively work together with our families, staff and children to evaluate our practice using self-evaluation guidance from Education Scotland with a commitment to continuous improvement to our service providing a high level of childcare using National Care Standards and How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare.
- To respect and involve parents in the care and education of their child.
- Identify and provide relevant training for staff as part of an ethos of continuous improvement in which staff at all levels share the responsibility to ensure the successes and achievements for children including meeting the registration requirements of the SSSC.
- Make ICT resources and intrinsic part of the daily session to ensure all children inclusively have access to learn about and use ICT and are fully challenged in their learning.
- To provide outdoor sessions on a daily basis promoting cross-curricular learning and linking with agencies and parents