What we do
We provide a safe stimulating environment where children learn through play. As the poet Dianne Ackerman quotes ‘Play is our brain s favourite way of learning’. We are a close group and have good connections with our families, we get to know them well encourage them to be involved within our group, but are also respectful to all of their views and also mindful of how much they want to be involved. We have great relationships with our children and get to know them well, being supportive of their individual developmental needs. Children are offered a wide range of play experience inside and out, there will obviously be more focus on outside play due to COVID 19.
Our staff team
Our vision, values and aims
- Ensure every child is encouraged to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included and has and awareness of their rights.
- Provide a broad range of learning experiences through play in line with CFE and Realising the Ambition outcomes.
- Provide a high level of childcare using Health and Social Care Standards and the HGIOLELC guidelines for implementing new procedures, policies and to further improve the standard of care provided via monitoring and self-evaluation.
- Ensure that staff access relevant training in line with SSSC requirements and keep up to date with current legislation and national priorities.
- Respect and involve parents in the care and education of their child by providing regular opportunities to get to know the centre, staff, and contribute to children’s learning.
- During 2020/21 keep parents up to date about the transition to 1140 hours and the delays due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- Liaise closely with parents regarding the changes to the settings practice to support their needs whilst meeting guidance in light of COVID19 Pandemic.