What we do
We create a warm and stimulating environment where learning is fun.
We promote an atmosphere where children’s curiosity and awareness of their world can be cultivated and extended.
Through play and exploration, we encourage children to grow in confidence, self- esteem and become independent learners.
We believe every child is an individual who has needs that should be met in an atmosphere that celebrates diversity.
Our vision, values and aims
- Being child-centred, providing a safe, happy, well-resourced and inspiring environment where all pre-school children can be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included (SHANARRI)
- Providing purposeful, well planned and challenging play which promotes curiosity, an enquiring mind and creativity following the principles of A Curriculum for Excellence. Thus enabling all young people to become Successful Learners, Confident Individuals, Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors.
- Delivering high-quality Early Learning and Childcare following national and local advice and using the new Health and Social Care Standards, How Good is our Early Learning and Childcare and Building the Ambition to inform, review and improve practice through regular self-evaluation which involves children, parents and staff.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers, encouraging their involvement in running the service and all aspect of their child’s learning and development within the centre, providing them with regular information about their child’s progress and development.
- Working effectively with other professional agencies including education and health where appropriate, ensuring the individual needs of every child are met (GIRFEC).
- Arranging appropriate professional development and training for all Early Years staff meeting current requirements for SSSC registration.
- Providing a range of outdoor learning experiences following guidance in CI My World Outdoors and developing links in the community which encourage children to explore, appreciate and respect their local environment.