What we do
Cromarty Childcare Centre operates from East Hall and offers Early Learning and Childcare in the mornings with an After School Club running in the afternoons.
Early Learning and Childcare currently offer funded places to 3 and 4-year children, and eligible 2s. The service offers a large space where children have access to a wide range of activities to promote play and learning. They also have a large garden area where the children can use larger equipment and explore nature. ELC is open from 9am to 3pm, but there is the option to stay on during the OOS session.
The Centre – The centre is where the older children come for after school care where they have their own space upstairs in the building consisting of a large playroom and a smaller quieter room. Younger children are collected from the school with the older children having the opportunity to walk to the club. Snack is provided which includes fruit. The centre operates Monday – Friday during term time, from 3pm to 6pm.
Our staff team
Our vision, values and aims
‘Learning through play in a nurturing way’
Inspiring and supporting our children and their families to be all they can be.
At Cromarty Childcare Centre we value children as unique individuals who are naturally curious and keen to learn. We believe that all children learn well when their interests are built upon in stimulating environments. We value children’s choices, where they marvel at the discoveries they make for themselves. We value genuine relationships between our children, their parents, our staff and staff from other agencies, working together so our children grow and develop holistically to realise their potential.
• To ensure every child has the opportunity to play, make discoveries, be creative and curious.
• To create a safe, happy setting in line with local and national guidance and policy where learning is challenging and fun for everyone.
• To build positive relationships with children, their families and local community and support the sustainability of our Centre.
• To value and involve parents and carers as their child’s most important educator and celebrate learning and progress together.
• To provide rich, developmentally appropriate learning experiences in a well-resourced stimulating environment both indoors and out.
• To listen to children, value them as individuals and celebrate what makes us all unique.
• Evaluation and professional learning supports us to continually improve and strive for excellence.