What we do
Welcome to Cròileagan Inbhir Narainn. We are funded by the Local Education Authority for early learning and childcare, run by Care and Learning Alliance (CALA), and as such welcome your news and involvement in furthering the link between home and Cròileagan for the benefit of all children. We hope that you and your child really enjoy your time with us.
At Cròileagan, children are introduced to the Gaelic language in a meaningful way in the course of their everyday activities and experiences – during indoor and outdoor play – which over time cover a wide range of the Early Years curriculum, whilst following the same standards and guidance as any other centre in Highland Scotland.
The majority of the play is child-led, and through that we use stories and song, puppets and all kinds of props, to embed Gàidhlig in their wider learning, so children learn to play, listen and talk in the language at a pace comfortable to them.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
To support our children and families to be successful learners with a child-focused and play centred approach, leading to high-quality experiences for learning Gaelic. We will continue to embrace our partnerships with parents and families and ensure that our “outdoor play & learning” experience is embedded in our daily practice
- To promote children’s Health & Wellbeing, using the 8 Well Being indicators to ensure that every child can develop to their full potential (Article 29)
- Increase parent participation, communication and connections through innovative methods of communication
- For children to have opportunities to use and develop their language skills, becoming familiar with the use of Gaelic, with one to one and group conversation and interactions (Article 30)
- Develop and strengthen links with Gaelic Primary school
- Provide high-quality early learning and childcare that encompasses, Curriculum for Excellence, Realising the Ambition and National Care Standards. (Article 3)
(United Nations Convention for Rights of the Child)