What we do
Welcome to Cròileagan Inbhir Narainn. We are funded by the Local Education Authority for early learning and childcare, run by Care and Learning Alliance (CALA), and as such welcome your news and involvement in furthering the link between home and Cròileagan for the benefit of all children. We hope that you and your child really enjoy your time with us.
At Cròileagan, children are introduced to the Gaelic language in a meaningful way in the course of their everyday activities and experiences – during indoor and outdoor play – which over time cover a wide range of the Early Years curriculum, whilst following the same standards and guidance as any other centre in Highland Scotland.
The majority of the play is child-led, and through that we use stories and song, puppets and all kinds of props, to embed Gàidhlig in their wider learning, so children learn to play, listen and talk in the language at a pace comfortable to them.
Our staff team
Vision, values and aims
To educate our children to be successful learners, with the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence and Building the Ambition, leading to high-quality experiences of learning Gaelic and learning through Gaelic
- To promote children’s Health and Wellbeing, using the 8 Well Being indicators to ensure that every child can develop their full potential
- Provide a high level of childcare and be actively committed to continuous improvement, via monitoring and self-evaluation, with reference to Education Scotland, How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare, Realising the Ambition and embedding of National Care Standards
- Children to have opportunities to use and develop their language skills and become familiar with the use of Gaelic
- Liaise with other pre-schools and local primary schools to develop links with the Wider Community
- Respect and involve parents in all aspects of the care and education of their child and provide clear information for parents/carers on the various pathways to learning Gaelic