What we do
We are a small setting that runs from the local community hall. We have our own space in the hall with free-flow access to the outdoor area. We provide a range of activities that helps to support children to be creative and use their imagination. We encourage the children to take the lead in their play offering opportunities to choose resources that are of interest to them while supporting them in their play and learning experiences.
Our staff team
Senior Early Years Practitioner
Assistant Early Years Practitioner
Our vision, values and aims
- Work towards a provision which encourages every child to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included.
- To provide a broad range of appropriate ELC experiences both indoors and out and ensure practice will promote the values, purposes and principles of Building the Ambition and A Curriculum for Excellence (3-18 years), providing opportunities for all children to develop as – Successful learning, confident individuals, Responsible citizens and Effective contributors
- To place meeting the learning and development needs of each child at the centre of our work carefully supporting the next steps and individual learning achievements.
- To actively work together with our families, staff and children to evaluate our practice using Assessment is for Learning and self-evaluation guidance from Education Scotland with a commitment to continuous improvement to our service providing a high level of childcare using the Health and Social Care Standards and How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare.
- To respect and involve parents and carers in their children’s learning through newsletters, feedback and stay, play and learn sessions.
- To identify and provide relevant training for staff as part of an ethos of continuous improvement in which staff at all levels share the responsibility to ensure the successes and achievements for children including meeting the registration requirements of the SSSC
- To promote and provide Outdoor sessions or opportunities daily (if possible), in accordance with the Care Inspectorate Guidance “My World Outdoors”, promoting cross-curricular learning ensuring literacy and Numeracy outdoors.