Building the Ambition – report on local forums
Building the Ambition is the Scottish Government’s new National Practice Guidance on Early Learning and Childcare Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
Last month, we began introducing Building the Ambition through two free local forums held in Inverness and Elgin which were well attended.
During the evening we:
- linked the guidance to other national guidance, initiatives and strategies
- considered the key features of a high quality Early Learning and Childcare environment
- focused on the nature of development of babies, toddlers and young children.
- considered the adult role in responding to meet children’s individual stage, opportunities and methods to support the drivers of learning
Feedback was positive – comments included:
- I felt engaged
- I have taken a lot of useful information away with me
- I feel more confident in current practice
- I feel that my job is important
- I learned that the policy in ELCC is following that of wider policies for adult health and social care
- A deeper understanding of BTA [has] stimulated my interest in heuristic play
Coming soon… further reports on Building the Ambition training!
Norma Ruettimann, CALA Training Development Manager