We are now taking bookings for the 2016 CALA Conference! The theme of this years conference is “Family Matters – Opportunities and Challenges in the 21st Century“. Through a series of informative and thought-provoking presentations and workshops, we will explore some of the issues facing children and families in an age of unique challenges and opportunities.
The 2016 conference will take place on September 30th at Greyfriars Free Church, starting at 09:30am. Tickets cost £25 and can be purchased by visiting our booking page.
If you have an interest in the welfare of children and their place in society, we truly believe you’ll find the CALA Conference extremely worthwhile. Here are some of the things we have in store for you:
- Mark McDonald MSP (Minister for Childcare and Early Years ) will be delivering the opening remarks for the conference. We’re thrilled to have Mark opening our conference, and are very much looking forward to hearing his take on the challenges facing Scotland’s children.
- Our keynote address will be made by Karyn McCluskey of the Violence Reduction Unit (part of Police Scotland). Karyn has years of experience in the field of violence reduction, and we are delighted to have such an accomplished keynote speaker for our conference.
- There is a choice of four workshops. The workshops are being delivered by experts in their fields, and are sure to leave you inspired, energised and informed. For more information on the workshops, please visit our conference page.
- Lunch is included in the price, with a selection of hot and cold dishes available. Teas and coffees will also be served.
- One of the aspects of our conference that attendees find most rewarding is the chance to network with a wide range of people in the childcare industry, giving you a chance to broaden your horizons and make valuable contacts.
If you’re ready to book a place at our conference, head over to our conference booking form. Payments can be made via PayPal or cheque. Take a look at our conference page if you’d like more information on the conference, which includes a detailed agenda and speaker biographies.
We’ve got a fantastic day lined up for our conference, packed full of informative presentations, engaging workshops, and the chance to meet like-minded childcare professionals. Book now to avoid disappointment!
We look forward to you joining us at the 2016 CALA Conference!