Is your 2-year-old eligible for free childcare?
2-year-old children are eligible for free early learning and childcare if their parent or carer receives:
- Income support (IS)
- Jobseekers allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum CTC and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (This applies to children who have turned two on or after 1st March 2015)
In addition, children aged two or over who are (or have been at any point since turning two) looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care or guardianship order are eligible).
|Those born on or between:||Will be eligible from:|
|1st March – 31st August||August|
|1st September – 31st December||January|
|1st January – 28th February||April|