Is your 2-year-old eligible for free childcare?
2-year-old children are eligible for free early learning and childcare if their parent or carer receives:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and an income below £16,105
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, and an income below £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credits with an earned income below £610 per month
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Pension Credit
In addition, children aged two or over who are (or have been at any point since turning two) looked after by a local council, the subject of a kinship care or guardianship order are eligible).
|Those born on or between:||Will be eligible from:|
|1st March – 31st August||August|
|1st September – 31st December||January|
|1st January – 28th February||April|